• To become a Christian a person must first realize that he or she is “lost” – totally estranged from God, separated from God by a sinful nature. Locate a Bible, the history of God’s relationship with humankind, and read from the chapter titled Romans.
Romans 3:23: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
• A person alone cannot reconcile the lost relationship between himself or herself and God. To provide a remedy, God sent his only Son, Jesus, to live the perfect life God demands.
Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
• Although humanity through sin has separated itself from God, the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross bridged that gap.
Romans 5:8: But God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
• All that God asks is that a man or woman repent of his or her sins, turn from them and accept the sacrifice Christ made on the cross for those sins.
Romans 10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
• God promises in the Bible that anyone who accepts Jesus as Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
The way we call upon Him is through prayer. “Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I also know that you died on the cross for my sins and that you were raised up from the dead. I turn from self and sin and trust you to be my Savior and Lord. Take control of my life and help me to be the person that you want me to be. Save me now and save me forever. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer and saving my soul. In Jesus name, Amen.”
• Baptists believe that a person who accepts Christ as Savior will want to follow Him as Lord and be baptized by immersion and join the fellowship of a local church of like-minded believers.
Please contact us at email@example.com to register your decision.